Sales order form template is excel template for writing sales confirmation document to authorizes sale of the specified item issued by customer order or purchase order. This template can be served for billing the customer too. This sales order template can be used by small to medium company.
The sales order form template has only one sheet, but contains several elements:
Sales Order Form Template Header
Contains the Sales Order document title. On the left side, it has placeholder image for company logo, followed by Company Name and Company Slogan fields below the placeholder image.
On the right side below the Sales Order Title, it has some fields:
- Date: can be Sales Order generated date or Order request date
- Invoice #: Invoice ID
- Customer ID
Sales Order Template Excel Recipient
Located below the header. There are 2 main columns: [To] is for the client contacts where the billing is addressed, while [Ship To] is to whom and the address for received the goods. The fields are same in both columns:
- Company Name
- Address Street
- Address City, State, and Zip Code
- Phone Number
You can add customer Email and Fax Number for more details.
Sales Order Form Template Salesperson
The tables to enter who is the sales or responsible person for this sales invoice. The fields are:
- Salesperson Name (or ID): the employee who responsible with the order
- Job: the responsible employee position
- Shipping method: enter the logistic company used for shipping.
- Shipping term: shipping type or regulations
- Delivery date: the estimation of the item come. If it consultation or service, enter the estimation time the work finished.
- Payment terms: enter the payment regulations here.
- Due Date: enter the Date when the payment should be received.
Sales Order FormatDetail
The part to enter the sales order or request detail. The fields are:
- Item ID
- Item Description
- Unit Price
- Line Total: after being calculated with quantity, unit price, and discount.
Below the details, it has summary price. The fields are:
- Total Discount: the line total is blanked as the amount has been calculated with discount.
- Subtotal: Total of items before tax.
- Sales Tax: the tax rate or amount for the work
- Total: after being calculated with sales.
Sales Order Form TemplateClosing
Located on the bottom. The place where you enter the company contact details. The fields are:
- Company Name: put on the line before and after the Thank You heading.
- Street Address
- City, State, and Zip Code Address
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
HOW TO USE
First, replace the logo placeholder by right clicking the placeholder picture > Change Picture. Then, navigate to the logo location in your computer. Resize and adjust it to fit with the header. Replace the Company Name and Slogan.
On the right side, enter the Date, Invoice ID and Customer ID.
Enter client billing address and shipping address.
Then, fill the table on salesperson from your employee and details from the work. Next, enter the quantity, item ID, item name, price, and discount. It will automatically calculate the Line Total and Subtotal.
For tax, input the percentage in decimal. For example, if the tax is 10%, enter 0.10 instead of 10. Look at the sales order form example in clothing company below.
Lastly, enter the company details in closing footer.
You can send the customer order form template excel digitally, or even digital archive, or print it blank for manual writing.
Additionally, you can add a new sheet for item or customer database into sales order template microsoft excel. Or, you can integrate this template with other product list or customer database or template file. To integrate, you can use Data Validation method.
This sales order form is free and easily modified. You can use it for reference to set up your own sales order form too.
The sales order form template can be downloaded after you click one of these buttons:
- sales order form excel