This is employee training tracker template. Like its name, the main purpose is for recording and tracking the training data. It is mainly for small company or medium company. Small training business can use this template. Aside of business, school or educational institution can use it for recording courses result or workshop too. You can turn the tracker for individual employee training plan template.
There are 3 menus from this staff training spreadsheet. The going pass the menu, simply click the sheet or the buttons on left side. The menus are:
Menu for recording the track employee training database, including the dates, staff, and pass status. This menu separated into two:
Header for filtering and display selected records. The filter includes:
- Staff Name
- Course Name
- Instructor Name
- Pass/Fail Status
- Taken Status
Recording Table for recording the training. The fields are:
- Date of Training: when the training started or held
- Name: the drop-down to select staff from Personnel Info
- Course: the drop-down to select staff from Course List
- Instructor: who train in the course. It is automatically generated as you select the Course. However, you still able to manually change the value.
- Taken: Yes/No, determine whether the course has been taken or not yet be taken.
- Pass/Fail: Pass/Fail/Future, determine whether the employee pass or fail the course. Select Future if the result has not been determined yet.
- Notes: description or notes regarding the course.
The failed employee will be marked in red.
Menu for recording the course and the instructor. The fields are:
- Title: course title
- Instructor: who trains the audience. Manual input.
- Description: the description or notes regarding the course material or objectives
- Hours: duration of the course in hours. You can turn it for days too.
The duplicate Course Title will be marked in red, regardless different Instructor or Description. To edit see Modify section.
Menu for recording the staff or the person who take the training. The fields are:
- Name: Staff Name
- Title: Job Position
Like Course List, the duplicate name marked in red text.
HOW TO USE
It’s simple to use employee training record template excel. You only need to fill the blank and provided field.
First, on Employee training tracker template Header, replace the placeholder name into company name or details.
Then, go to Personnel info and enter the staff details.
Next, go to Course List and enter the course details.
On Training Log, enter the Date. Select the Name and Course. If the instructor is different or substitute, manually enter the Instructor Name. Select Taken and Pass status. If there is comments, input them in Notes field.
Click the filter options to display specific record. If you want to select multiple options, click multi-select icon before selecting any option. Click clear filter to return to normal view.
It is easy to modify employee training tracker template. No formula in this template, mostly using Data Validation or Duplicate for every value.
On Course List, you may have two different Courses with same name. To avoid the Duplicate warning, you follow these:
- Add new column for course code. To do this, first replace Title column name with Course Code. Insert new column between customized Course Code and Instructor. Rename the new column as Course Title.
- On Training log, select course fields. On Data tab > click Data Validation. On dialog box, click small icon in line with Source row. The dialog box will minimize. Then, go to Course List and select both Course Code and Instructor.
You can modify all drop down menu with this method.
There is no instructor list menu since this is focused on training staff. However, you may edit employee training tracker template by adding instructor or any other menus.
Employee training tracker template is easy to use or modify. It has not formula, but using Data Validation, Filter, and Conditional Formatting. You only need a little knowledge of using Excel for editing.
Training plan template excel download is free after you click one of the buttons on the bottom of this page.
You can use this employee training tracker template as sample for creating your own training template.
Originally posted 2017-06-20 09:37:21.
- microsoft office employee training tracker template